There are thousands of incredible places to surf around the world, and based on our travel experiences, we have compiled a list of the best spots we’ve come across.
Surf Trip to Morocco
Here are some details for your surf trip to Morocco:
- Morocco is divided into three surf zones: North, Surf, and Western Sahara.
- Best time for beginners: If you’ve never surfed before, the best time to go is during the summer, although there are waves year-round.
- Best spots for beginners: Anza, Tamrit, and the Tifnit area.
- Best time for intermediate surfers: Autumn, winter, and spring.
- Best spots for intermediate surfers: Anza Point Break, Banana Point, Km 12 and Km 11, Anchor Point, Tifnit, Killer Point, Mysteries, and La Source.
- Best time for advanced surfers: Autumn, winter, and early spring.
Best Beaches for Surfing in Morocco:
Surf Trip to Costa Rica
Here are some details for your surf trip to Costa Rica:
- Good weather for most of the year.
- Surfing is suitable for all skill levels.
- Costa Rica is home to some of the best surf spots in the world.
- North Pacific Surf: The best time to surf in this area is from April to August, as well as February.
- Central Pacific and South Pacific Surf: The best time to surf is between April and October.
- Caribbean Coast: Best surfing months are January and March.
- Costa Rica has 1466 km of coastline.
- Most spots are accessible for beginner surfers.
- If possible, bring your own surfboard.
- If you’re unsure about the wave conditions, go to Dominical.
- If you know the waves will be very big and you don’t have the skill level, go to Pavones (a 4-hour trip south of Dominical).
Best Beaches for Surfing in Costa Rica:
- Playa Naranjo/Witch’s Rock
- Playa Grande
- Playa Tamarindo
- Playa Avellanas
- Playa Negra
- Playa Guiones
- Playa Manzanillo
- Playa Santa Teresa
- Mal Pais
- Boca Barranca
- Playa Jaco
- Playa Hermosa
- Playa Dominical
- Salsa Brava
Surf Trip to Mentawai
Here are some details for your surf trip to Mentawai:
- Getting to Mentawai: The islands are approximately 150 km away in a straight line, and there are two options to get there: Take a ferry, which takes an entire night and costs around €8, or take the Mentawai Fast, which takes about 4 hours and costs around €35.
- The Mentawai spots are known for endless waves.
- Mentawai consists of around 70 volcanic islands.
- Surfing for all skill levels.
- Best way to do a surf trip to Mentawai: By boat.
- Best months for surfing: March to October.
Best Waves for Surfing in Mentawai:
- Lances Right
For more information about surf trips, please contact us!