Surf safaris in tuk tuk, jungle adventures, visits to tea plantation and above all, a lot of surfing, yoga and sun. This is what surfing in Sri Lanka sounds like. And that’s because, aSri Lanka is a wonderful country with welcoming people and spectacular landscapes. This is why we’ve chosen this part of the planet to do our next Surf Camp.
Next, we tell you everything you need to know about our upcoming trip to Sri Lanka in 2020. A perfect surf trip whether you’re a solo traveller, a group of friends or a couple.
1 – Accommodation in a jungle villa, a Surf House in front of the waves
The Surf House is located on the south west coast of Sri Lanka, 50 meters into the jungle and in front of one of the most consistent surf spots of the the area. A dream surf spot that will make you dream awake while taking waves and glancing at this ideal and paradise-like landscape. Moreover, the waves are perfect and you will need no wetsuit at all. The house’s been recently refurbished so you can be certain that you will enjoy top facilities with air conditioning and/or ventilation.
- Double, twin and triple rooms with private bathroom and the possibility to enjoy solo occupancy of a double room.
- Breakfast, lunch and 5 dinners included. Why 5? Because we’re sure you’ll be wanting to taste the local food spots sometime 😉
- Chill-out garden where you will relax, sunbath yourself or have a good time talking with the rest of the group.
- Rooftop bar for practicing yoga after each surf session. You need your body at its fullets to take as many waves as you can!
2 – The Surf Camp: take your surfing to the next level
Our Surf Camp in Sri Lanka is crafted to make you a better surfer, whether you’re a beginners or a highly skilled surfer. A full and high intensity surf course, taught by renowned instructors as Nikita Rob, South African pro surfer.
- 6 surf lessons: morning and afternoon practice with daily analysis of your individual practice. It’s not only about taking more waves but also about learning how to be a better surfer inside and out of the water. We have one day break so you can surf freely or do whatever you want in the island.
- 3 video coaching sessions in a room specifically made for it. Instructors will review your practice with each one of you. This way, you will learn from your mistakes and also from other surfers and your improvement will be better and way quicker.
- Surf Theory. As we’ve stated before, we want you to be a better surfer when you’re done. In order to achieve this, you will go over the theory concepts behind the surfing experience.
- Surf focused yoga. Your time in Sri Lanka in going to be a great experience but also very demanding with your body. In order to be able to keep up with the surfing, we will make yoga specifically designed to make your body and mind ready to take on the next set of waves. We will make sure you don’t overcharge your muscles and take no risks injuring yourself.
- Surf equipment: you will enjoy top of the range surf boards that will allow you to improve and jump into the next level. Also, you will be given a t-shirt to protect you from the sun, but make sure you bring your own swimming clothes!
3 – Sri Lanka: more than surfing
From our Surf Camp in Sri Lanka you will enjoy adventures and excursion to a variety of magical places around the area. We have planned a Tea Plantation Tour but there are other possibilities: Turtle Sanctuary, Matara Temple, Snake Farm, Tuk Tuk and street food patrols, local markets, watching elephants,… On the other side, if you also enjoy sunbathing on the beach, you’re at one of the best places on earth for this.
4 – Travelling with Latas is travelling with friends
From our little home in Somo, Spain, we want to keep creating a community around the surfing life style, formed by people from all over the world. We want to encourage you to keep surfing, learning and taking your good vibes around with you. But we also want you to travel with us so we can get to know you better. Last year’s trips have been incredibly successful and we’re going to keep doing them. The more the better!
Surf Sri Lanka: Click here for more information or bookings
If you’d like to get more info or book straight forward, you can write us or call us without a problem. We will be glad to solve all your doubs.
- Mail: email@example.com
- Phone (whatsapp): +34 627 36 64 8
You can also fill in the form clicking the image